View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 07:45 PM  
BlackCrayon
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
Brad, you probably know more about this than most.

My question would be (and has been): Why didn't the ISP's do all of that before 2015?
Was MojoHost being hurt before 2015 and then once the new govt. regulation came into play it made things better for you (and us as your customers)?

That's what puzzles me. The media seems to be "reporting" this like Trump took away a long held "Net Neutrality" that has always "protected" us.
And then it turns out it was something done in 2015...2 years ago.

Makes me suspect that this might be more political bias in the media?

Am I wrong on that? Was all that stuff you said happening before 2015 and the govt. saved all of us?
Or is it just hypothetical "what if" stuff that never happened before?

I could see having concern that something bad COULD happen. That's why I put my seatbelt on in the car...just in case.

But it seems like there is a lot of damn near hysteria out there in the media and among political comedians like John Oliver.
They make it sound like the entire history of the internet up until 2015 was total shit and there was no innovation or ability to make money on the web...Of course they don't mention that it was just TWO years ago that it was implemented.

What do you think? Is it overblown hysteria, or are we screwed?
The thing is, if nothing is going to change then why did the fight so hard to have it overturned? What difference would of it made? Why spend millions of dollars lobbying for it to be repealed?