View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 01:36 PM  
Kenny B!
Confirmed Abuser

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoGuy View Post
Don't believe all the marketing hype from the registries and do some due diligence. For the vast majority, businesses either choose to use .com or a ccTLD if they're targeting a specific country. New TLDs have proven time and time again to be a horrible long term investment. Just look at the track record of .travel, .pro, .biz, .mobi, .tel and .xxx, TLDs that were all launched 5+ years ago. How many developed sites are there using these TLDs? It's lucrative for new TLD registries to pump out domains to deluded speculators who missed the boat on .com, but the aftermarket for these alternative TLD domains after the initial launch is extremely illiquid.

ICM Registry allegedly sold Tube.xxx and Tubes.xxx for $750k. They don't even resolve, meaning they don't even get enough type in traffic for the owner to bother to redirect elsewhere. Gay.xxx allegedly sold for $500k and it's just a shitty VS white label that gets a drip of traffic. Sex.xxx allegedly sold for $3M and gets almost no traffic. Without significant additional expenses for site development and traffic acquisition, it's extremely unlikely these "investors" will ever recover their "investments" in these domains.
Don't get me wrong I don't think the new TLD's will ever sell for what .com's go for but there is money to be made in that space. In the last 18 months I've sold 1.run, x.run, e.credit, easy.credit, repair.credit, mortgage.loans all for mid $X,XXX to mid $XX,XXX and I picked the up for cost of registration.

It's not millions but there is money to be made with the right names... and that's the key especially with these new TLD's that have expensive renewal fee's you need to have the right names with the right extensions.

Do business with us:
Your Paysite Partner
Kenny's Pennies
Sticky Dollars
Radical Cash
Indie Bucks
Stand Ahead

Read My Ambush Interview Here
Kenny B! is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote