View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 09:55 AM  
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
Mid Continent Nail Factory, one of the country's largest manufacturers of nails, has seen a 50% drop in orders since June 1st. This is because of the tariffs against Mexico Trump announced, and the Mid Continent Nail Factory gets it's material from (you guessed it) Mexico.

Since 2012 the company had doubled it's workforce. Over 60 employees were laid off, and the other 500 jobs are at risk. The economy is booming - thanks Obama - but this company is going to go out of business.

But it doesn't stop there. It steamrolls. SEMO Boxing - which provides the boxes to Mid Continent Nail Factory - has seen a huge drop in orders for boxes, and now they have laid off people. You can bet local transportation companies have seen a hit too, as well as local restaurants - you can't eat out if you are laid off.

The best part is.... They still support trump.

“I know what affects me, and the tariffs are hurting me on a daily basis — I’d like to see relief,” Coffer told NBC News. “I still have faith in the president. I believe he knows what he’s doing and can turn everything around for us.”

They just don't get it. Their company doubled in size under the Obama administration as we came out of the recession, but no worries, trump will fix everything.

Ass.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...s-last-n887516
“I still have faith in the president. I believe he knows what he’s doing and can turn everything around for us.”

This is exactly why you can not reason with these people. Their politics is a religion, the Republican party has done wonders turning their brand into a Religion. You can't speak logically with religious people if you are telling them their religion is wrong. They shut down and revert into defense of their Jesus messiah..

They will blame Obama or make excuses saying it would have been worse if Hillary was POTUS.. Anything to not blame themselves or their current day Messiah..