View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 10:16 PM  
Tasty1
Judge Jury and Executioner

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
i am the very last one who would choose "Germany über alles" - I am not a nationalist and I can see a lot of things going wrong in Germany.

it is also not about the fact that the european NATO is not really a troup of fighters and it was never since WW2. I think we did quite fine with that and I prefer the diplomatic ways to resolve a problem.

but this here is fucking senseless discussion because all what is in this 2% agreement is written down and it says CLEARLY that the goal to realize that is 2024.

also it can not be used as a must.
what happens in a crisis ?
how do you want to finance an army when the 2% of GDP are only 50% of the money you had before?

Germany did exactly that and STILL spendet the same as before but in the crsisi years it was 3,5% of Germany´s GDP.

or tell me what Luxembourg is doing ?
their army have 1100 people !!!!
and their GDP is very high.
will they buy a ferrari for each army member just to get on the 2% ???

in 2017 the countries in the world spendet in just ONE year :
1.740.000.000.000 us dollar

imagine this amount of money and what the world would be able to do with it.

now lets see what the "enemies" are spending from that:

china 228 billion
russia 66 billion

so on one hand 294 billion from "enemies" against 1.446 billion from the "not enemies"

and this is the status quo. this IS already the fact.

trump now think that this is far too few.
but he does not say he want to decrease the us spendings - no he wants more for that too. what he actually wants is to sell weapons to the allies - weapons what they do not need because there is no war around.

anyway IF there would be a direct war between this big nations tanks would not save us. it would be a nuclear war and this would mean: the end of the planet.

66 billion from russia in 2017 and everyone is afraid of them ???

if the world is afraid of russia who spend 66 billion and the rest of the world 1.446 billion - these weapons for 1.446 billion must be a big crap.

we should better save this money and invest it in the future instead in the end of this planet. only an idiot will not understand that.
When i see that the Dutch army is in terrible state. Even after the cold war is over (and starting again) and the Dutch army has shortage of everything for years. Than there is no need to point out that Holland isn't investing enough, or goes on too many missions and that more money is needed. They bought second hand and thrid hand rocket launchers... that exploded in the hand of our own soldiers.... That is the state of the Dutch army...

If a small country is rich like Island or Luxembourg, looks to me they have enough reason to protect it and fight for. More than a poor country. Let them buy som expensive things like a flight carier, submarines, JSF fighters etcetra instead of looking for excuses. Even all European leaders agree they have to spent more... And Trump is right, why wait till 2024, while in the mean time we are able to spent billions on idiot projects. The Dutch soldiers are in danger now cause they don't have the equipment, they must solve that now, or stop missions. I am in favour of the last, stop some missions. Even Obama wanted more money into Nato from other countries... Looks like everyone wants it... except a small amount of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
and Geramyn is a fee country - they can decide with who they want to trade - they do not need advise from an old fart."
But i hate to say it Thommy, but for you i only see ractions that can be qualified as Germany Uber Alles. That pipeline isn't only a problem for Trump. Many other EU countries doesn't like it. But Germany and you say "trading is not a war and have nothing to do with human rights or political affairs." You say "Trade Uber Alles" instead of "Germany Uber Alles", the result is the same. Many politicians wrote about the pipeline that it is more than trade, it is political. And if it wasn't, it is for them now. And for the trade Germany doesn't listen to allies. Danmark has big political problems, Germany and Rusland pushing to get that pipeline trough their country, while some EU countries and Trump are pushing to stop it. And you think that is not political? The pipleline divides the EU. Holland also can say the slave trade of Dutch sailors was only business, but we still get some problems that people said it was against human rights. Germany is not free, if they want freedom, they should get out of the EU.

And on one hand saying supporting the Paris Climate agreement, but needing more and more gas to produce more and more cars and than thinking the environment would profit from it...That whole Paris climate agreement is written on toiletpaper, and that is how most country use it.

And than i read that you say you are ok that countries don't want to deal with the USA anymore, now and in the future, cause the voters can be counted on, before you know they vote different than you want. Sorry, but if the USA and countries in Europe would think that way, than there was 1 country in the EU that would have lost their voting rights 100 and 70 years ago cause they proofed to vote on crazy people that wanted a genocide and where on the way of succeeding... 2 times. Ok, the USA has now a controversial leader. But that doesn't mean for me that we should condem the uSA for ever. I am sure Trump will do good and bad, like all presidents. PS, there are also some countries that was having a genocide on European soil more recently. But we also want them to join the EU... strange...

Trade Uber Alles!

https://www.euractiv.com/section/ene...ream-2-permit/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...-idUSKBN1H21V8

https://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...sanctions-list

"“This is not about gas, it is one of the most important foreign policy decisions in Denmark since the Cold War,” said senior foreign policy researcher Hans Mouritzen at the Danish Institute for International Studies. "

In the end it is just one big soap series. I will try to go in ignore mode again. Won't be solved, will only get worse with all the different angles people look at the situation. Merkel's time was over, she only didn't realise it. She gave the last push to the Brexit. Orban got power cause of her views. "Wir schaffen das" gave Geert Wilders many votes also.

everything is fake
Tasty1 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote