View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 08:32 AM  
nico-t
emperor of my world

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco67 View Post
Without looking at the video, I can say "yes".

It's the only sport where a bunch of guys run up and down a long field (for a long time) with no real control of a ball only to finally have a winner after a 1-0 score. And that's considered amazing because soccer fans will get excited about a 0-0 score, so that one goal is better than sex.

And the fake falls with the bad acting are pathetic to watch.
You could find arguments against any sport you didn't grew up with.

Basketball. Score so much it isn't even exciting anymore when it happens. 63-49 o wow look he hangs on the hoop after pushing it through the net how spectacular.
Bouncing around a ball inside some depressing gym. Has a lot in common with handball, a sport only girls and gay males play.

American Football. Look they take a break every 20 seconds how exciting. The only sport where more people talk about commercials and music than the game itself. Look they moved 1 meter and it stopped again. The skill it takes to carry a ball and run.

The above critiques are not my personal feelings but i use them as an example that is in line with your critiques on 'soccer'. You see, it's doesn't matter. I know for people who are into basketball and american football, it is exciting. So why criticize a sport you just aren't into, it's pointless. One is not 'better' than the other. It's all about what you grew up with, which is the dominant sport in your culture.
nico-t is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote