View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 10:59 PM  
Tasty1
Judge Jury and Executioner

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
I did this for a couple of years in the early 2000's. I'm curious, do you speak Spanish? If not how did you find places like Mexico and South America for a non-Spanish speaker? I stuck to places that either spoke English or had a lot of English speakers like Norway, Australia, parts of Europe and the United States.
I didn't know Spanish or Portuguese when i started travelling. Bought books, use duolingo, and went after the woman. Having a Portuguese / Spanish speaking girlfriend makes learning go faster. Because hardly anyone speaks English in Brazil, you must adapt. I had some private Spanish lessons 3 hours a day in Mexico City for 6 weeks. But i want more lessons, cause now i am in Asia longer time and than you forget things. And i speak Spanish Portugues, when i am in Mexico they think i am from Brazil

My advice, learn Spanish / Portugues, that makes travelling a lot more interesting than hanging out with only English speaking people. If you don't speak Spanish and avoid countries that use Spanish language, you miss a lot. I looked it up and Colombia and Mexico use the most 'clean' spanish. take some private lessons there.

Before i became full time traveller i already went to Brazil and South America, not speaking the language. Didn't stop me from going there, with hands, a small dictionary you can fid your way. Now it is even more simple, use a translate app. People speak in your smartphone and you see what they said. You can take a picture from the menu and Google will translate it. But i prefer speaking the language. I stayed 2 years in Brazil, hanging out with Brazilian, than you will learn automaticly. In Brazil it is best to avoid regions where are many English speaking tourist. Much much much more fun when there aren't. In Brazil i know a place with many digital nomads. I went there years before. Than it was fun, now you have the white colony of western only going with western.

everything is fake
Tasty1 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote