View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 01:08 PM  
thommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
Coal mining is a east coast thing....... In some areas their entire economy depends on it. But coal is dying. My house here in California runs on solar and natural gas.
i think coal is the smallest problem. everybody with a little brain knew that this canīt work.

but a very nice example of "oh that was not cake - it was shit" is whirlpool.

for years they had put pressure on the US government to protect it from foreign competition with tariffs. when trumphole finally fulfilled the dream in january, the manager could hardly hold his own with enthusiasm.

Quote:
The introduction of washing machine tariffs was "a victory for American workers and consumers alike," Fettig rejoiced. In anticipation of additional orders, he created 200 new jobs at the Whirlpool plant in Ohio. "The new hires are just the beginning," he said enthusiastically. "President Trump will usher in a new era of innovation for consumers everywhere," Fettig paid homage to the trade strategist in the White House.

In the meantime, Whirlpool is not singing hymns of praise, but laments for the White House. Like many other companies, the company has become collateral damage in the expansion of the trade war. The steel tariffs Trump is using to save jobs in the US heavy industry have massively increased Whirlpool's raw material costs. In the first quarter, profits fell by almost 40 percent compared to the previous year.
was that so hard to spot?
I say no. even a stupid layman who can put the numbers one and one together could have seen it. the question is if someone WANT to see it.

if trumps supporters couldn't see it, they're even dumber than i thought. if they didn't want to see it, then they're even more brainwashed than lemmings.