View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 08:27 PM  
HairyChick
Slowly dying

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanrox View Post
Bastards. Hitting them at their host, DNS, processor, registrar, privacy protection services. (and all of the above's DNS/processor/registrarPrivacy)
That was my MO. The site owner would be so angry that I went to their processing and upstream providers. I’d remind them that they chose to profit from my stolen content so deserve to be blacklisted. Threats of DOS, putting up more sites, never paying, etc. If they changed host, I’d send the DMCA notice with copies to the host who deleted their account. I’d tell the new host to confirm with old host(s) about prior theft and non-compliance with the service agreement.

Registrars take action, too, and the more people you notify, the more who take action. It’s not pretty but you have to remember that YOU paid for pics and videos. Don’t feel bad about it. Thieves deserve more punishment than loss of income. DDOS against their ISP is illegal but the satisfaction you get? Ahhhhh!
HairyChick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote