View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 08:23 AM  
celandina
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
I think back in 1890 the well known commie Benjamin Harrison who had passed the Sherman Act..

Quote:
The Sherman Act broadly prohibits (1) anticompetitive agreements and (2) unilateral conduct that monopolizes or attempts to monopolize the relevant market. The Act authorizes the Department of Justice to bring suits to enjoin (i.e. prohibit) conduct violating the Act, and additionally authorizes private parties injured by conduct violating the Act to bring suits for treble damages (i.e. three times as much money in damages as the violation cost them). Over time, the federal courts have developed a body of law under the Sherman Act making certain types of anticompetitive conduct per se illegal, and subjecting other types of conduct to case-by-case analysis regarding whether the conduct unreasonably restrains trade
I think Apple,Amazon,Google, FB and the like may be soon challenged by the Act.

BTW Elizabeth Warren and likes of her are "loonies" but there is something to say about responsible capitalism. Which is lacking in many aspects.
celandina is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote