View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 09:17 AM  
ilnjscb
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifissio View Post
At the moment I am in the dominican republic...the first place I went to was punta cana ...it is not my cup of tea but you cant beat the 5K$ pricetag for a 1 bedroom brick and concrete appartment in the ghetto amongst locals...they are very very nice people and you are safe living there...they blast music all day and night but they have surprisingly good taste and you can eat out for like 10$/ day if you eat their food...I do not like punta cana because it is a resort town and its not my thing...

I am progressing slowly on the north coast and it is only getting better and better...I am looking for somethis close to airports but far from resorts and cities...samana and las terrenas are great and the real jewels are on the outskirts of these towns...all realestate agencies are gringo pricing...you need a dominican contact, my taxi driver finds me much better deals on property than any agest...then you need to find some good lawyers and agents over expats I found some dude on youtube who does reviews with other expats on agents and stuff...never buy what you see online or in an agency unless you want to throw money out of the window...

Im here in DR for the next 2 months and I still have several islands to visit after that...st thomas and grenadines, aruba, curacao and guadaloupe are next because I have easy direct flights...
If I may my friend, be careful with real estate in DR. Of course you already know nowhere near the border with Haiti. A lot of islands you have restrictions on foreigners buying as well. You might acquire a leasehold but that will expire.
ilnjscb is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote