View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 01:54 AM  
thommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifissio View Post
I have a lot to learn this is for sure...I have seen several places built from wood, with semi open rooms, no side walls...the temperature here is always great...the only closed rooms are the bedroom and bathroom...the living room is covered with a roof and so is the kitchen but no side walls...there is only an outdoor mosquito net that separates the living room from the balcony...

this is incredibly interesting for me, I have already built a house before and construction like this is much cheaper than brick and mortar...there are no hurricanes here, puerto rico takes them all so wood is feasible as a building material...an open living room is the shit...no matter what happens I will build like this...
if you need some advise for DR: FORGET IT !!!!
I lived there for 6 years. I came as a millionair and I went back to europe completely broke.
never expected that people who look so trustful and sometimes even canīt write their names are able to throw me that hard over the table.

DR is a wonderful island when you are there as a tourist. if you live there you will see the other face of it - and this face is UGLY.

DR has reported a very low crime rate - the reason is: if you want to report a crime (what I did several times) you have to pay an entrance fee to the police station, after that you have to invite everybody there to dinner, than buy paper where the guy who is able to write can type the report on a 1945 type writer.
if they stole you something you wait 1 week than some police guy will show up and tell you that they found your stuff at the other end of the island but to catch the guys and get your stuff back they would need a car. you need to rent them one. and sure they have to drink and eat on this mission too - you will pay for it. and when they come back after 1 week, spend all your money they will tell you with a face that makes you feel sorry for them, that they have been too late.

buy a piece of land in the DR is another surprise, because you will find out after, that your own lawyer, that you took to make sure that all is fine ripped you off together with the seller.
after you think you own the land 100 other "owners" will show up.

I still own land there. one of it is in the middle of a hotel in punta cana - and they did not want to buy it from me (even when the owner General electrics should have the money to buy) - they tried to kill me, the tried to put me in jail by smuggling drugs to my house and tried to get me with money falsification (because i had a color printer).

the face you see now is the OPPOSITE of what DR is.
I have never seen any foreigner there who did not want to go back home. Unfortunately most of them lost all the money to do that. And most of them are dead already. Either killed or died on Malaria and other stuff what officially not exists.

My wife had malaria and I had problems to find a doctor who was willing to check it (because it simply does not exist as they will tell you).
After I found one and the result was positive some hotel mafia and tourist police from there came and told me how deep the sea is around there if I would ever tell that to anybody.

I went there with 3 million and came back with 500 German Marks and had to start my live from below zero with 40.

The only satisfaction I have is that I got back wealthy and I know that all those who robbed me are worse today because they are not used to live with money and it made them much more problems to have it as to be poor.