View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 03:16 PM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Look at this shit.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders declined to name any members of the “fake news media” on Monday, following a tweet from President Trump that called the “Fake News Media” the "true enemy of the people."

Asked by Jim Acosta whether CNN falls into that category, she also wouldn’t say.

Here's how the whole exchange went down:

Acosta: "Shouldn't you reserve the term 'enemy' for people who are actually the enemy of the United States, rather than journalists?"

Sanders: "The President's not referencing all media. He's talking about the growing amount of fake news that exists in the country, and the President's calling that out."

Acosta: "The President said this morning the 'fake news media, the true enemy of the people, must stop the open and obvious hostility, and report the news accurately and fairly.' Can you state for the record which outlets that you and the President regard as the enemy of the people?"

Sanders: "I'm not going to walk through a list, but I think those individuals probably know who they are."

Acosta: "Would that include my outlet, which received bombs last week?"

Sanders: "I don't think it's necessarily specific to a general, broad generalization of a full outlet at times. I think there's individuals that the President would be referencing."

Acosta: "You’re not going to state for the record then, I mean, if the President is going to say the fake news media aren’t the enemy of the people and if you’re going to stand there and continue to say that there are some journalists, some news outlets in this country that meet that characterization, shouldn’t you have the guts Sarah to state which outlets, which journalists are the enemy of the people?"

Sanders: "No, I think it’s irresponsible of a news organization like yours to blame responsibility of a pipe bomb that was not sent by the President, not just blame the President but blame members of his administration for those heinous acts, I think that is outrageous. And I think it’s irresponsible."

Trump is calling the media the enemy of the United States.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote