View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 11:11 AM  
Tubevideditor
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I wanted a new system and looked at Apple but they were so overpriced/limited for the power you got and as StefanG says, they've kind of abandoned pro users.
Sure there 'all in one' new imacs are good but if something goes wrong (like a monitor) then you're pretty fucked and can't just go out and replace the monitor. If you want to add a better graphics card later, then you can't either.

They are damn expensive too for what they offer but its the limitations that was the deal killer for me.

When i was in printing years ago, it was all Mac but then more PC's took over as i got out of that biz. The same seems to happening with editing now too.

The current Mac Pros are so old now they are complete waste of money and Appple don't have a release date for the new ones.

So I went for another PC - an i9-7900k overclocked to 4.5GHz with 1080Ti card/SSD etc and for rendering, it absolutely flies. It wasn't cheap (3k just for the tower alone) but it has serious horsepower for my needs and saves tons of times not having to wait as long for renders to finish.

I also moved from Premier to Davinci Resolve and that is way better.

Having said all this, if your a casual editor then a Mac will serve you well.
Tubevideditor is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote