View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 09:12 AM  
Marshal
Biz Dev and SEO

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco67 View Post
Don't bother with dual cpu systems. Everything is more expensive and it's more problems to deal with. Also, those xeons are $2k each...why would you buy a less powerful, expensive CPU when you can get a single i9 9900k for $500 and will be much better suited for editing because of the high 5ghz clock speeds which can be reached. The 9900k is a beast.

I've built many systems for 3d animation, rendering and editing through the years and one thing I will never do again is get a dual CPU system. It was good back in the day before Intel started stacking cores, but now it's not necessary unless you like the idea of spending more money. Also, a new Nvidia gtx 1080 gaming card will work just as well as a Quadro ( which costs way more). Quadros are for suckers.

You can take my advice, or waste your money. If you struggle for those bucks, don't throw them down the toilet.
I couldn't agree more with the statement above.

Avoid dual systems. All you need is a high frequency single CPU, like the above mentioned i9. Even i7-9700k will be good.

Quadro is not needed for video editing, since you will not see any real benefit. A simple GTX like 1060/1070 will be more than enough.
Marshal is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote