View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 07:30 PM  
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lezinterracial View Post
Pretty cool. Any complaints at all? Can it run all the programs you need?
So far I'm only running the same programs I did on my old system/s so yes. The thing I notice most of all now is that it's not slugish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
That is very cool. I am doing some upgrades to my computer system and am thinking of going from 2 24in monitors to one big on like you. I'm glad to hear it works well for you. Do you find yourself missing the dual monitors or is this one big enough it doesn't matter?
Actually I came across a problem. The monitor supports 5120x1440 and so does the Mac Mini, but when connected via HDMI or USC-C, the best I can get is 3840x1080. I tried a USB-C to Display Port, but the problem remains. The include HDMI cable should be and HDMI 2.0 cable but it too doesn't give me high res. Connecting the monitor to my PC does however. I called Apple and they are exploring.

To get around this, I connected both the USB-C and an HDMI Cable from the computer and the monitor at the same time, as the monitor actually can operate as 2 x different monitors. The Mac sees it as 2 different monitors too. So after that I place the Mac in extended desktop mode and voila- it works. In fact it might be better for me this way as sharing my screen via Skype for clients would be awful in ultra widescreen format.
2MuchMark is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote