View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 08:51 PM  
HairyChick
Slowly dying

Industry Role:
I read the changes recently. I need to read about the new balance accounts. We already have an account where they hold our monies. Are they changing banks or is it required to notify us which bank it is?

They mention personal and consumer accounts. I’m using a business account I just recently set up. Provided proof of identity and address.

Proof of identity can easily be faked. Massachusetts allows you to let them set an identification number rather than a social security number. Fake id is easy to produce for a fee. Many sites do this for $25. Get a MBE/UPS Store box and leave off the box number on the id. Y’all will be asked to use the box number if mail comes in.

I did that for my license when I drove. My customers were awesome but a few were stalkers. Showed up at my “home” address a few times. My house was not in my name but an LLC. Luckily I knew in advance how they can be so irrational and want to meet you. Hell, my phone number was untraceable since land phones were used. All numbers were that way and the phone company suggested it. I thought I’d have to get a number at a MBE type place and forward all calls.

It’s a bit of work but if you don’t want PayPal knowing or giving out your address, legally you can protect yourself. Registering domains can use this method. Years ago we could use a fake name and address but ICANN got smart, though I disagree with that. As long as I pay for the domain, no one needs to know who you are. Illegal websites? Contact the host while putting the domain in jail. No proof, no bond.

I remember in 1993 a big deep throat couple had a site registered with their real name and address. I called her and she was upset I had her number. Didn’t realize it was public knowledge. She gave me lifetime membership as a thank you!
HairyChick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote