View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 05:36 PM  
wankawonk
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
It's good that y'all are discussing and reporting these issues but sentiments like "chaturbate has lost control of the site" and "Fuck it! I'm out" are a little overly dramatic

Chaturbate's not going anywhere, they're gonna fix the problem. It might take a minute because they can't just make large algorithm changes in a single day. They can't take drastic action against botting in a single day. If they did those things without taking proper care and precaution that they DO IT RIGHT, they could hurt their (and your) business.

But the sky's not falling. Personally my revenues were down a little in feb/march but they're back on track this month. And my signups are actually up in general this year.

Just focus on building your traffic and signups and you'll be fine.

If anyone from chaturbate is reading this, I would suggest that the sorting algo focus on REVENUE GENERATED over different time-frames. Revenue generated in the current show, revenue generated in the last hour, revenue generated per broadcasted hour over the model's last month on chaturbate, revenue generated per broadcasted hour over the model's last year on chaturbate.

Of course you would still need to use other signals to give new models a chance to prove themselves, but the most sophisticated botting operation in the world can't game a revenue-based sorting algorithm.
wankawonk is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote