View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 01:55 PM  
drexl
Whale Hunter

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oce520 View Post
Example 3:
A user on CB already has an account and decides to make a new one using a broadcasters link. The user is already tied with an affiliate and all future accounts will be credited to the original person to refer them to Chaturbate regardless of what link is used.

I tried visit a affiliate link and signup a new account through my white label, the signup count didnt seem to show up on the stats so i dont know about this example
punker barbie raised good points. It gives us a starting point for discussion.

What she states is true but it doesn't cover all cases.

It doesn't take into account scenarios involving whitelabels: cookies aren't shared with chaturbate.com therefore a performer link will plant the first chaturbate cookie at the expanse of the original referrer.

Some smart asses ask customers to clear cookies which invalid the "cookies aren't overridden EVER" statement.

example 3 needs to be verified: what ties a user to an affiliate?
in the case of a user with no email (most likely the tie is username. Then re-registering loses the affiliate)

in the case of a user with email but no paying method (tie with username+email)

in the case of a paying customer (possibly, a combination of username, email and encrypted payment method).

If this is how it works I am happy enough, It is as good as it gets. Real lifetime. But we still have the issue of whitelabels and broadcasters asking to clear cookies. I still think those "Register with me link" are a distraction from the main function: these links have a 20s delay during which a customer is tempted to navigate away, whereas with the main button he would go to the join page instantly.

Q: oce520, did you register with an email that was used with your previous account? did you verify your email?