View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 05:35 PM  
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
I've worked odd jobs from time to time but I've almost always either 100% worked for myself or worked as a independent contractor for another company on a per-job or performance basis only. I simply can not do the "work by the hour, work your way up grind"..

The longest single job I ever worked as a employee was 3 years. The only reason I kept that job that long was because it was a 3x12hr work week. I worked 3 days a week had 4 days off and have 5 weeks worth off time off each of those 3 years.

When I was traveling, I didn't like eating up my savings so I'd often pick up random temp jobs and worked at some pretty cool places but I was always able to pick my job vs needing one so that made it a bit nicer.

As far as working for myself, I've done a lot of different things.. Starting in high school I started a lawn service that I bought my 1st home with at the age of 21. I had a floor cleaning company.. I had a used car dealership. Did adult & mainstream affiliate sites. Dabbed with webdesign, even went to school for 3d animation at one point. I have a ebay/Amazon business that I run now and I've driven tractor trailers..

I couldn't imagine doing the same thing everyday for a entire career.. I have no clue how people do it..