View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 05:50 PM  
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farang View Post
You’ve been doing retail arbitrage as well, right? How’s that working out for you?
I re-edited my post a bit, I hit post too early.. Amazon is fucking awesome if you can source the right products. I don't necessarily do retail arbitrage because that usually revolves around buying new products & selling new if you go by what most people consider it..

My problem with selling new stuff is Amazon has a lot of fees and the profit margin is really tight on most things. I prefer to buy used items and flip those because the profits are much bigger and I don't have to tie up as much money in product.

Amazon is insane if you manage to get the buy box for new product but it's a lot of competition and even if you find a honeypot someone else will find it too.

Overall though I tend to stick to ebay even though it has it's issues. I sell a lot of used clothing on ebay. I don't really like ebay or clothing in general but my average buy price on a item is $5 and my average sell price is $25 and I charge shipping so the profit is much better than most items on Amazon. It's also very easy to source high quality clothing if you live in the right area.

I don't solely focus on clothing but it's the bulk of my inventory.

As for more recent stuff I haven't started yet, but I'm looking at doing youtube vids. If you pick the right niches for informational videos you can end up with a endless amount of people looking up those vids and you don't need a ton of videos. It's kinda like a gallery getting a good SE listing..