View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 10:17 AM  
Constant Phil
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco67 View Post
I mentioned this in another thread recently, but there's a great book about this very subject called The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect.

The world's most powerful Ai is switched on and it takes 10 minutes for it figure out how to gain more computing power by reaching out to other systems through the internet, then another 30 minutes to bend the laws of physics and matter. At that point, it's able to create new supercomputers to add to it's power until eventually it stops all human death from that point on. Its power grows exponentially by the hour until it can go anywhere in the universe and create any reality for humans to spend the rest of their existence in. Each human can communicate with the Prime Intellect and ask for their own world if they want it. It doesn't create a Matrix-like virtual world for you. It actually creates the reality as if it is real. It can make you anything you want to be, even if it's a flesh-eating zombie...or just a guy who fucks beautiful women all day...or whatever you can imagine.

Some people get so bored of living eternity having anything they want and feeling no pain, they decide to create groups where they mutilate, rape and kill each other in the most gruesome ways possible just to feel something. The book is full of graphic, stomach churning depictions of violence -- and lots of sex too. The places it goes in the last act you will never see coming. Just a bizarre book I highly recommend. It's not a short story, but it's a quick read.

https://www.amazon.com/Metamorphosis.../dp/1411602196

What's crazy is the book was written in the early 90's.
I have always had this weird theory that we were put on this planet to be a substrate for creating technology, technology that will finally bring us to our creator. I will definitely be picking up this book!

[email protected]
Constant Phil is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote