View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 04:11 PM  
VRPdommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Unlikely anyone is recording your audio directly. They have very small speech to text applets so they only record the text if at all. (stores much smaller)

I have never seen that happen to me because I quit leaving attached cam/mic 15 years ago when this started happening a bit to much from hacks and factory software(s).

2 things... it is in your user agreement now.
And you do have a browser option to revoke permissions to access mic / cam for individual sites.

Not that I trust any of that.

The best defense has been to deny the capability.

Most of this is why I will never use a Android for anything but utility and even that is limited.
A hack from/on one app can spread throughout the sandbox even though they say it can't happen.

Apple at least gives you the ability to limit this per app but it is a pain to maintain complete security. Even the weather channel was found selling your location through GPS access. Of course, you can shut that off by the app and locking up GPS.
but so many stories like this... it will never end until you demand it.

The problem is, you will not know what/how the data may be used for in the future. Or who it may be sold to or hacked to.

Remember, you are only secure as the weakest single point.
VRPdommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote