Thread: The Dark Web...
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 01:33 PM  
DannyA

dark.fail is a good site that lists the legitimate URLs to the big markets. The main thing to consider is that because there's no certificates over Tor it's trivial to set up a proxy to a market that replaces the deposit BTC addresses in the output HTML. They look and work perfect until you go to deposit, then you're SOL. I've made a few of these myself just as a proof of concept. So don't go just googling a market name to find it, because people just spam the search engines with their proxy links. The other thing is that all the markets themselves WILL exit scam (just wait until they've got however many millions in escrow and disappear). That's just an accepted tax you can't really get around.

On the markets you can see how accounts and PGP keys keep everyone honest. If you deviate there's the weird stuff, like murder for hire services, but they're all just scams. There's no such thing as a chargeback, so if you get taken that's on you. The big myth is that there's all this crazy stuff out there, but that really only exists to get suckers into the system. It's mostly drugs and fraud/hacking services. I know there is actually *some* pedo shit, but it's cut off from the "mainstream" of the dark web. It's probably closed pedo/trafficking networks using Tor for anonymity. If you somehow found a pedo site on your own it'd probably just be a scam to fleece degenerates.
DannyA is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote