Thread: Marketing tips?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 06:22 AM  
VRModelPhotography

Industry Role:
I'm working on the same thing atm. For me, it all boils down to providing value, isntead of "selling".

For instance, I was (am) selling photoshoot events for photographers. I book a model, provide the material and coach the photographer.

What I did was create a youtube channel where I posted a vlog about photographer every week and every two weeks I did a photo review from other photographers that submitted their work. I also created a group around model photography that was focussed on learning.

This worked, after about 6 months. The problem was that I could not scale this and the amount of work I put into it, was too much in relation to what I got out of it.

Now I just started a website with boudoir and nude models in 3D VR180. I'm still in the early phase, just trying to get traffic in. I'm doing this by participating in facebook groups around virtual reality and with a youtube channel with Virtual Reality video's of behind the scenes footage of my phoothsoots (it's like you're actually there, in the shoot). That channel has grown to 200 subscribers in 4 weeks and I average about 1K views per video. That's because I found a niche (I'm not saying those are great numbers, but the growth is very good I think).

I saw the tip about reddit. I don't know that medium very well, but I think indeed that works very well. One of my first video's got 11K views in just one week and I traced the source back to a post on reddit.
VRModelPhotography is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote