View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 04:54 AM  
k0nr4d
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XclusiveG View Post
@Konr4d you cannot sign up with a stolen credit card or with an IP address that does not match the residents address. As I stated Signifyd.com guarantee 100% security in any fraudulent transactions. They use a benchmark test if it doesn’t match up, they won’t get through. If it means putting off subscribers, so be it, security and performer security along with a subscriber who knows they are getting unique content not on other sites will ensure the right people are using the fans. And they will become part of a Xclusive club. I have 20 years of experience in membership websites, so I kinda know what I’m doing, but I am literally trying every possible measure I can to get rid of the shitty accounts on onlyfans, my site is for the most talented individuals of which many I already know.
If I seem like I'm coming off as being difficult or something, I apologize - that's not my intention - but...

I've been developing adult sites for 17 years as a programmer - I know what i'm doing and I know alot about this stuff from the technical point of view. A freshly stolen card will go through, because it is no different then you sitting next to me here, handing me your credit card and me entering your card details, or me handing you my credit card and you entering my details. Another scenario - lets say a user signs up with their card, rips your site not giving a shit about the watermarks and then reports their own card stolen when they get the bill? It's not like chargebacks on legit purchases are unheard of in this business either and if you try to litigate against this person the burden of proof is on you to prove they did it, not vice versa.

I'm sure that service helps, but there is no way they are blocking 100% of fraud. It cannot be based solely on ip address matching resident address because ip geolocation is not that exact. Right now my IP geolocates to another city 20km away. If I had a card from Berlin and hooked up to a VPN in Berlin, then my IP would match. If that made a big difference in the fraud score they give that transaction, the only people that could buy from you would be those living in huge cities. Their 100% guarantee is probably backed by the fact that they will cover your losses if something does get through - because what else can they really do in such a situation?

What it boils down to is that - yes - you will make it harder for joe surfer to download your content. However, the real content stealers, the "release groups" that rip entire sites and post them to torrent tracker will make very quick work of whatever DRM you are using, or will rip your site not care about watermarks.

I would be more then happy to check out your system once you have it up and see if I can bypass it.
k0nr4d is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote