View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 12:52 PM  
drexl
Whale Hunter

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by punker barbie View Post
Per the Chaturbate Terms, broadcasters may not cover or block the sites native ‘Sign Up’ button. FYI, we’ve developed a tool that helps us detect accounts that may be in violation, and we are stepping up enforcement of this rule. We invite you to report any violations to [email protected].
What happens in terms of violation of this particular new term?

What are the the technical specifications for broadcasters banners? (max width/height, look and feel, animated, how many of them, ..)

How about enticing username reassignment on the site itself? (cc_ or hh_ method)

How about covering the main site logo?

How about surrounding the 'Sign Up' button as opposed to covering it?

I mentioned the performance issue with some of the images weighing well over 200k each. Is that being considered at all by your developer team?

Why did you block my CSS rule that was targeting outgoing affiliate links only so I can leave broadcasters bio as they are with social media buttons on but merely preventing my traffic to be stolen through aff links?

Affiliate marketing purpose is to drive traffic to a destination site, why allowing affiliate links on the destination site itself? (ie: no traffic movement)

This new term seems to mean: "hey broadcasters, Chaturbate gives you carte blanche to put as many links and banners as you please but just not on the sign up button."

I don't see any valid reason why broadcasters have a feature to opt out of partners sites (whitelabels) since it brings them more traffic, but I see good reasons why partners wouldn't want some broadcasters not showing up in their feed: is there any plans to add this feature for webmasters and what is the benefits for models opting out?