Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_musk View Post
Now you tell me what are the odds that:
- 6 people who sign up from the same tracker out of 300,000 trackers
- Who are all from the same small Austrian country
- Who spends regularely over the same period of time
- Who all do a chargeback around the same days
are different people?

To the conclusion: All those people have different UniqueID, but I'm pretty certain it's the same guy.
Although not a conclusive demonstration, I agree with you that this looks like the same guy and let's assume that it is.

I also assume from what you are saying that those 6 accounts have 6 different User IDs AND 6 different User UIDs, right? (these are 2 different columns).
=>Can you please confirm.

My explanation is making a generalization in an attempt to find out how the system works, I am not taking into account every edge cases obviously, that would be pointless and distracting. What I am trying to find out is if cb has a way to group transactions by user rather than just by usernames/accounts. UUID seems to fit the bill.

I could be wrong, as I am not a chaturbate employee I can only speculate based on my observations and experiences.

Quote:
They don't ban people from PPL based on this mechanism. They stop paying people PPL BEFORE first payment if no lead as converted in a paid user - OR if the PPL they must pay to the affiliate is superior to their own earnings (hear 30% of the amount spent by users reffered by that affiliate). That is the exact same mechanism that CrakRevenues uses with the MyFreeCams PPL program.
Fair enough, I agree I picked the wrong example. It doesn't proof or disproof that they can identify a user though. They can have other mechanisms.

Quote:
Well I beg to differ
In your opinion what is the difference between UID and UUID?
Can you confirm your example #2 shows 6 different User UID (UUID)?
Do you think Chaturbate has no way to group transactions by users as well as usernames?