drexl
Whale Hunter

Industry Role:
Hey Amelia,

I didn't think anyone was reading me on this forum lol

You make good points, here are my 2c:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaG View Post
that would be an insane amount of work for cam sponsors to address.
Only a handful of services run the mass automation you mentioned. So the number is not a factor.

My opinion is that if sponsors would step in they could actively help in ordering what seems to be a big mess. It would cool things down and help everyone.

Aside from that, a promotool is an extension to the cam sponsor, it is a piece of them placed on someone else's website. Why wouldn't they step in to protect what is theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaG View Post
If what you are doing is legal, why don't you file counter DMCA notices?
It will work in most cases but the keyword here is "most". Consider the following:

- a counter notice is an escalation of a legal process. Essentially, it is the last step before law suit. Who wants to get closer to a potential 6 months law suit to figure out that they were right. All this for an iframe or a picture that came from an API.

- attorneys don't work for good guys, they work for guys with money so the argument that you can do what you want when you feel you are right is not practical.

- who can claim to be an expert, what if there's a glitch
(I am not giving examples here, but I can think of obvious possible ones)

- what if you need cb to vouch for you in a somewhat stressful situation, you are going to "send an email to support"?