View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 12:03 PM  
TheSenator
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Thank you for the tool. Do you know if the CCBill cookie is encrypted?

Also, is there any impact from redirecting 307(Temporary), no follow, sponsors HTTPS URL to a non-secure URL?

I use PrettyLinks for URL management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3X_Jay View Post
For starters it's not important that your affiliate ID be "passed through". A cookie just needs to be set on ccbill.com so when the user goes back to CCBill to buy a membership CCBill knows who to credit.

That said, I've discovered the syntax CCBill is using to set cookies is malformed. At least I think it is. For example…

Code:
Set-Cookie: 917833=CLICKS2xxWAEVsmOZT6t8ryDiItk8ZwBtWHLb2R5!PX0ImB^PNcIncgl893aYl1grn182U*; expires=? 16-Feb-21 08:02:57 GMT; path=/; domain=.ccbill.com
Notice the section that says "expires=? 16-Feb-21…" The question mark and space is the problem. So it depends on how smart the browser is and whether it can figure out what CCBill means.

Anyway, I wrote a tool to check affiliate links. Feel free to use it…

studio3x .com/tools/urltest

[I'm not allowed to post URLs yet, so you'll need to copy it and take the space out.]

CCBill does not support HTTPS, so make sure you check the box that says "Don't Check HTTPS" otherwise it will timeout.

That tool will show you each redirect that happens in the affiliate link and if not HTTPS, will test the HTTPS version of the link (unless you tell it not to). Then it will show what cookies are set, for how long, and where it redirects to.

If you just want to see the return headers for a particular URL, this will do that…

www .rexswain .com/httpview.html