View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 05:55 AM  
S3X_Jay

Industry Role:
I'm 53 and got Pfizer. First shot there were no side effects at all - not even injection site soreness. Everyone says the 2nd shot is worse because the antibodies from the first shot react to the 2nd shot. I got the 2nd shot 3/10 and there was injection site soreness (but not as bad as when I got Shingrix), and then overnight I had a fever that got up to 100.0º (F, 37.8º C). I was expecting worse so didn't take Tylenol, but it never got worse - just kept me up most of the night. And that was about it until the following morning when I had weird memory problems for a couple hours - I'd forget things I was thinking about a minute or two earlier.

My husband (also 53) got Moderna months ago now. His side effects were pretty mild as well - injection site soreness and a bit of a fever for a few hours.

So all in all, not bad. The side effects from Shingrix are worse (and if you're over 50 you should be getting that as well).