Thread: Business Vegas Video??
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 05:46 AM  
Applebite Media
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlySober View Post
May I suggest that you may be looking at the solution in a backwards / reverse kinda way, by placing such value upon your camera?

Not that (as you say) there's anything inherently 'wrong' with it... But it is somewhat outdated in 2021.

So rather than trying to find a solution that fits THAT camera, by getting firewire cards and needing to use older less well supported software to use that camera...

Perhaps look at it the other way around and get a new compatible camera instead? No doubt your current camera was very high end back in its day, however would a lower end, yet modern camera perhaps give you at least equal results?

Camera tech has moved on immeasurably in the last decade or so. So what is considered 'low end' today, could still deliver a better result than a a camera that was released in 2006/2008 ?

Then you could take advantage of stuff like Davinci Resolve (Free) wouldn't NEED a firewire card and in essence, you would now be competing on a level playing field within your niche... Just a thought...

TL:DR? Perhaps look at updating your camera, instead of trying to find workarounds for 13+ year old tech
I know... I should. Hell, people are shooting video with the DSLR's. But honestly, I do not use the camera that often. I think that last thing I shot was a woodpecker in our front tree making it's home. That was last spring/summer.

I cannot justify spending 2500.00+ to upgrade a piece of equipment that does not need to be replaced. The video is still crystal clear as it was back in the day... I do not need 4k. I would rather put that into other technology that I need, like the full body mocap gear for animation.

I would have used an old version of Windows as well, I still have a copy of windows 7, but the issues with drivers and newer software was a bitch and a half so I said fuck it.

Help, HELP!.... Jane, Stop This Crazy Thing!!!!!!

Stop renting software!
Say NO to Rentware!

Take a Bite - Applebite Media
Applebite Media is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote