View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 06:51 AM  
drexl
Whale Hunter

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki99 View Post
Models are idiots
I don't blame models though, for several reasons.
- few people read terms
- it is not trivial
- there is indeed a lot of piracy
- websites such as dmca.com and their affiliates encourage models to file take down notices without mention of legit webmasters. They do it for $.

I blame more the "dmca agents" who know what they are doing. By the way, next time you receive a notice from one of these "agents", before filing a counter notice I recommend sending them an email with a link to the terms and ask them kindly to retract their notice. This way they are in breach if they file a new notice against you because they can't file "in good faith" anymore. There's also a chance they do actually retract their erroneous notice.

Also, some notices could be filed by unscrupulous competitors to de-index other webmasters pages. I have no evidence of this but I can't help but notice a few of the cam sites that rank well never show up in the lumendatabase. Even those who do use non-legit content such as hosted screenshots.

Like I said before: next time you want to sign up for a cam affiliate program, ask their support if they help webmasters to counter notice erroneous dmca takedowns.