View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 07:27 PM  
JesseQuinn
feeding the wolves

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarettah View Post
Yeah but Chaturbate became so popular with the models because they are more liberal with their policies. It is definitely a "model friendly" platform which in a lot of ways is good.

But because of that it is harder to monitor and enforce the policies they do have.

All in my opinion of course.

Imagine a place where models and affiliate marketers actually worked together for a common goal. Both sides could make money hand over foot
cb IS popular because it is a very performer-friendly site, particularly when it comes to allowing links to OF, wishlists, insta, twitter, personal websites, etc, but I disagree with Lili and you that they're vigilant about removing the 'clear cookies/use new browser to make a new account' ish. I've read enough of the cb thread to know that this problem is pervasive and it does create tension between performers and affs. affs shouldn't have to monitor the site for what should be a blatant violation of both ethics and what I assume are site rules

Lili and I, we've both been on both sides so we know the drill, for a lot of performers they prob just see other top performers doing it and figure it must be ok (the 'ignorant' type Lili described). they are relatively new to the biz (cb tends to skew towards more youthful performers it seems) and don't understand the importance of affs who drive traffic to their rooms

if cb were to enforce one rule: do not use your profile to encourage existing clients to create new accounts then most of the animosity between affs and talent would disappear

affs and talent should work together, mos def each make more money that way. but cb isn't helping solve that one issue. that's on them. my rec on that would be to hook up with talent on twitter, with performers who don't pull that ish

I don't have a solution, I just think that ultimately it's up to cb to either solve the issue...or not

@Lili, I have a question for you if you don't mind that's not specifically cb-related:

I've helped several friends who have had incomes drastically impacted by covid (tourist town), both male and female set up cam profiles. all of them Black cuz I live in a Black country

none seem to really bank on cb. decent money, but not anything to write home about. in your experience (I haven't worked big box in over 14 years), what would you recommend as the best sites for Black performers? sm seems to be the best so far along with ttm, with cb good but not great for them. wondering if there are any I've missed in my recs on where to sign up?

not looking to make money off helping them sign up, just want to steer them to sites with the best chance of success

do you have any recs on that tip?

hope nothing I wrote above comes across as trashing cb, which is a great site, and that everyone is having a wicked night =)
JesseQuinn is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote