View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 10:12 PM  
Fenris Wolf
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaner View Post
I guess OP has gone MIA for a few but I'd like to know more about reddit. There was quite a large thread with bmwracer getting ripped off on a reddit buy. The original purchase price was like 3500 and my assumption is it had 500k members. If my assumption is true how can 500k members be worth only 3.5k?
I am not familiar with what happened in that thread. In short though I would guess, as a moderator I really don't own any of the subs that I manage and Reddit admins can at anytime either remove me or close any of my subs. Now this isn't really an issue as long as I do my due my diligence and part of that is to keep a limit on how much and how I try to monetize my position.

So you start off the bat 1. Not Owning and 2. Having Your Monetization Efforts Limited you would then start at a low figure and move upward depending on other factors: size of the subs, engagement of it's users and so on.

If I was a brand looking to expand my visibility, all things considered, I would consider $3500 a fair price. If I was unfamiliar with Reddit and had huge expectations that couldn't be realized then I would think I got ripped off but that is on me not the sub.