View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 09:59 AM  
Speigelau
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoCherry View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I agree that it could be much clearer and for that reason we are actually redesigning the Affiliate site as we speak to make things much clearer to all our Partners.

All Partners are receiving 15% revenue share by default and we discuss individually with our Partners any other revenue share payouts. The payout is the same across all countries and Devices.

"How much will I get paid per sign up" is referred to a CPL Deal in this case.
Having been in cams for 22 years and done 8 figures in revshare, I can assure you that if you don't launch with at least a 20% payout, you will go absolutely nowhere. Stop with all of the "we will discuss payouts on an individual basis" nonsense. I know how the affiliate game works so I get there can be custom payouts for large traffic suppliers, however you don't need to say that on your site. No prospective affiliate likes to read that someone else may be getting paid at a higher rate than themselves.

I now understand why you wrote "up to 25%", because if you came out and said "15%" you'd get zero affiliate signups. 20% is the absolute baseline percentage you can be at to attract new affiliates in the cam business and even then you're right near the bottom. You're going to have to completely rethink your margins and adjust that payout % upwards if you want your site to succeed. Myfreecams tried to mass launch their affiliate program via Crakrevenue with a 15% payout and it flopped. They pulled it off and then restructured to a 20% payout. Why would any current affiliate pushing Streamate, AWE or Chaturbate ever change their links out for 15% on a startup with very limited models?

Another piece of advice, get rid of the $300 new affiliate bonus. Instead, tell any new affiliates you'll pay them 25 or even 30% for the first 6 months and then the % will drop down to 20% for life. This way you'll get some immediate traffic coming in from well-established links that will most likely stay in place once the % drops to normal. Sure you're margins will be thin for that intro period, but you have to think long term. If you stick with the $300 bonus, you'll get lots of affiliates who will just get the 10 sales needed to get the bonus and then pull their links for good and you'll never see them again.

95% of new cam startups fail in the first year, because they don't know how to navigate the initial period and can't attract affiliate traffic. They also launch with unrealistic expectations and are underfunded from the beginning.
Speigelau is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote