View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 11:00 AM  
sarettah
l8r

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerslive View Post
They charge you cheap and get job done fast first couple projects

then as time goes by, it gets more expensive for the smallest changes and takes longer.

Is it just me?
I have no idea about other developers, just myself.

As far as pricing goes, I charge by the hour, not by the estimate. I do not raise my prices very often, in fact I have clients that I am charging the same hourly rate that I was charging 10 years ago. I like to reward loyalty.

How quickly a project/task gets completed depends on several things. First my work load. If I have nothing else on my plate at the moment and it is a simple task I might get it done over lunch. If I have a full plate then I base when it gets done on the priority of the project/task.

Emergencies always go first. Then it goes to planned projects where I have given the client a date. Then it goes to adhoc issues and tasks.

I also do get to take time off, regardless of my client's viewpoint that I am spending too much time on gfy or I shouldn't take that trip right now. I am not an employee. I run my own shop and I set the rules and priorities and run my business as I see fit.

sarettah is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote