View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 04:03 PM  
ulsxxx
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Content Buying Protocols ... Is This Normal??

I was just about to make a sale for my content until I read this one company's contract which required me not only send the final cuts, but also my raw footage? Is that normal? Why would they want my raw footage? I always thought its common that content creators never sell or give up there raw footage. The footage was cut for a reason. Maybe there were private convos in the footage. Maybe I pick my nose fart really loud in timecode 00:02:00 when i thought the camera was off. Any number of reasons, also why would i trust anyone else not to recut my content or make it different enough where i technically licensed my raws so they can create a whole new work and just claim different copyright. I can think of a million ways i can get f***ked for giving my masters but can't think of one good reason they would need my raw footage for anything.

Anyone have any insight? When you purchase content, do you also ask for the raw footage ontop of the final cuts?
ulsxxx is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote