View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 07:44 AM  
drexl
Whale Hunter

Industry Role:
Chaturbate converts well and pays on time. And yet I am removing their promo tools from my website for the time being.

I use their API v2 to display live shows listings and I use their iframe to display a specific live show. Nothing is stored, just live calls to the API in strict adherence to their terms.

In addition, I have a piece of code that checks if a performer has opt out the partners network and in this case it shows a custom 404 message “page doesn’t exist”. (this is useful because the cb iframe doesn’t perform that check and a page can be indexed by SEs before a performer opts out).

And yet I received a take down notice for a page that merely shows a 404 as describe above (ie: there is no content). Cherry on the cake, this notice was sent by a cb staff member.

My website doesn’t have any pics nor videos from cb live performers. Only cb iframes and API v2 calls they provide.

So essentially either this is an error or cb files take down notices against their own legit affiliates.

Did this happen to you?
drexl is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote