View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 07:25 PM  
Grapesoda
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by escorpio View Post
Using lights to grow vegetables isn't very cost effective. Build a small greenhouse to protect against the weather.
I have a buddy with a greenhouse. He has to run a swamp cooler in it because it's too hot out here. Where I'm living now I don't believe I have enough power to run out to the backyard and I certainly don't want to build a greenhouse on a location I do not own

I have given it thought though.

And I'm kind of afraid you're correct it's not economically feasible to grow vegetables hydroponically.

Another really big issue out here is water. I want to try and set up some kind of water filtration system where I can reuse most of the water. I don't want to go with the aquaponics I don't want to mess around with a bunch of fish.

Were i to set up production where I live now I would have to buy a water tank and have it regularly filled from a vendor.

Water is one of the excuses they used to pull up all the grows out here in the desert.

And the city out here, the municipality wants to somehow get meters on people's Wells.
Grapesoda is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote