View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 07:08 AM  
CurrentlySober
Too lazy to wipe my ass

Industry Role:
I dont get why they can't be more organised and work together... :(

Just having a little rant really. Making myself feel better - Feel free to ignore

So my little sleepy seaside town is finally going to get proper fiber internet ! No complaints there !

BT (Openreach) who SHOULD BE Providing it haven't, so a firm called 'Jurassic Fiber' took it upon itself to invest in the area and install it. So far so good...

Being an older town, we have street poles enabling most of ut to be strung up high, with the electric and phone lines. However in the parts of town that dont have street poles, the little windy lanes and alleyways etc, which give the town its quaint charm, have had to have trenches dug in the road, to pass the cables that way.

Well this does cause a lot of inconvenience with traffic, access to properties, and even pedestrian access in some cases, but you think, ahh well, when its done its done, then we can have Fiber...

No sooner had the put all the roads be resurfaced and everything was back in place, BT pipe up and say they have decided to install it too ! They really should have done it first, as they are like the biggest national provider, but they didn't wanna lose out to Jurassic Fiber...

So they have just finished doing it, and lo and behold, signs are up for road closures for 'AirBand Fiber' do an install ! FFS!!!

Even when they are done, then some other company's gonna rock up and dig them all up again...

If they just worked together they could have laid all the cable in one go, instead of making the streets look like jigsaw puzzles... Totally useless...

And the kicker? Jurassic Fiber STILL cant offer its services yet, as other people are still digging the streets up ! NIGHTMARE

/Rant
CurrentlySober is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote