View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 09:14 PM  
Dmitry
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I can share our experience to help estimation.
We have built the software for those entrepreneurs looking to start their own onlyfans style service. Pretty much the same thing you are looking for. We have started working on the platform before COVID. It was about 3 years ago and spent about 18 months of team of 3 developers + 1 designer + manager.

I would estimate it about 80 man*months or about 10000-12000 man*hours. We built it from scratch based on scalable microservices optimized for usage in Kubernetis cloud. Our goal to make a software capable to handle high traffic, millions of users.

But getting things done could be in a different way. I know there is a Wordpress addon for $40 which could give you pretty much similar things. A single developer can install that addon, re-skin and change layout to make it the way you want within 1-2 month and you would have it based on Wordpress. The cost will be $40 + 1-2 months of work and it this point price is reasonable.

At my point of view it is a good choice to built MVP at low cost but get ready for higher investment and re-write your service in case you would get popular.

You can also try our platform, we offer free trial for 2 weeks where you can see admin backend, check it from creator side and customer end. After 2 weeks it costs just $10/month to continue your testing and setup (without payment system) this is the hosting fee only so you can play with your own independent copy of data and storage.

More information here: https://www.scrile.com/connect/enterprise
Start with trial here: https://www.scrile.com/connect/buy/startup
Dmitry is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote