View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 01:35 AM  
k0nr4d
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okaro View Post
I really don't get it.
Why do I have to tell you the domains every time I want a license if I have already paid for it?
If you disappear just like the previous owner of the script, what difference does it make?
If you are referring to me - First off I am not the owner of Roboscripts so I am not the "previous owner" of anything related to roboscripts. We wrote an alternative, not took over his project. Secondly, I am not a single freelance developer - we have a physical office and actual staff many of which have worked with me for 10+ years. Third, I have worked in adult as a developer for almost 20 years now so I'm not likely to go anywhere. It's basically my life's work. Should something happen to me like an accident, we have a "line of succession" in the company.

The concept of key generation is not new - it's to slow down piracy. This is even more important in our industry where there isn't a huge target audience. We will not sell tens of thousands of copies of this. If you do not like this concept, then you are free to use other software but most companies do this or something similar.

All that said, even in some hypothetical case where we vanish overnight like Nick, the script continues to function as normal. People are still running roboscripts and still making money with it.
k0nr4d is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote