View Single Post
Old 11-06-2022, 02:04 PM  
baodb
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nr4d View Post
The thing is that there's now ALOT of shit programmers that rely ENTIRELY on frameworks and can't do squat in PHP. I have run into tons when hiring where, if asked, cannot code anything from scratch. If you put them in front of clean php they look like a deer in front of headlights.
That is true but I don’t think it has anything to do with using frameworks or not, there is just a lot of incompetent idiots out there and by chance many will be programmers.

If someone comes to me and says he is better developing the application with whatever business logic it needs and all the basics like database connectors, variable sanitation, routing etc themselves I know for a fact that at best they will take 10x the time to get it done which is wasteful or at worst they will deliver unusable shit because they do not know what they do.

That is the big issue with developers, they all think they are smart and want to reinvent the wheel. I am a developer, I don’t know if I am overly smart or not but I know I do not have the time in my life to write every simple basic shit myself when there is frameworks doing it for me so I can focus on writing code that actually matters…
baodb is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote