View Single Post
Old 12-19-2022, 09:38 AM  
k0nr4d
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlySober View Post
That's a weight loss drug isn't it? As opposed to a diabetic aid? Ive seen it advertised as an injection pen, that helps you lose weight, but I have not tried it - Metformin works really well for me though.

Infact, in order to save money, the NHS switched me from actual 'Metformin' to a generic version (cant remember the name) and it was awful! I was hungry ALL the time, craving sweet foods and I was putting on weight in real time... Getting even bigger by the day!

Although it was the same ingredients, in the same amounts etc, the Doctor said that it was 'Cooked Together' in a different way... Switched me back to metformin, and the weight I gained dropped off along with my hunger issues...

So I'm happy to stick with the metformin personally - And one meal a day. It doesn't bother me to take the pills, and of course, here in the UK its totally free as well. If I lived elsewhere and had to pay every month for the metformin, then I may well be looking at finding ways to not have to take it, but as it stands, I take it, eat whatever I like once a day, and all is good with the world
It's first and foremost a diabetic drug, but it's also approved as an obesity drug. Once a week injection in stomach but it's a tiny insulin needle kind of thing. I didn't tolerate metformin well and basically had the shits non-stop while I took it, which was causing me to flush out the magnesium in me and I was getting heart palpitations. I would end up in a hospital with an IV in me once a year, and I finally just stopped taking the metformin and it all went away (but I gained weight). Now it's just flying off with the ozempic. A friend of ours went down something like 17kg in a year - she was like a fat girl and now looks like a normal girl, huge change. If you're fat, might be worth a try. It's like $170 for 4 weeks so not really that expensive.
k0nr4d is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote