View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 09:50 PM  
Speigelau
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCastaway View Post
It's about time that CB is setting rules about links. In my opinion they should forbid all links that go out from CB, because the warning that you get if you click a link in a bio, that you are going to another site in x seconds is bullshit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmoone332000 View Post
Here here. Why in gods name they allow links to Onlyfans etc boggles the mind. Lets send our customers over to a similar niche competitor so they profit and we dont. I think there is more behind the scenes with that one
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarettah View Post
i do not like the outgoing links or the advertising of other sites in the cam rooms

however, i think that that freedom is what keeps a lot of models on chaturbate

Agree with all of these, I've been saying for years that CB should not allow promotion of other programs within their bio, same as most other cam programs. However, I think sarettah is right, they wanted to attract models to their platform who wanted to promote their own site or OF page and this helped them grow their model base.

There is no way to know what the impact was, but I have to believe there was some level of negative impact on revenue to CB as more and more customers spent on camgirls' OF pages instead of CB.
Speigelau is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote