View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 10:12 PM  
cordoba
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane-Busty.pl View Post
Check out what was said about VR 7 years ago:
https://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-b...t-content.html

I wrote it then and I'll write it again now. VR will always remain a niche. It won't change with better hardware or better software/games. It won't fly because human brain will always reject VR.

You've heard about seasickness. That's when our brain receives movement signals from our inner ear but no matching movement signals thru our sight. Brain turns on a "poisoned" mode. Seasickness.

In VR our brain receives movement signals thru the eyes but there's no movement results such as higher blood pressure, higher heart rate, adrenaline level is not raising (because we are sitting or standing).
That's again an indication for our brain to turn on the "poisoned" mode. We get dizzy.

Unless human brain doesn't change the way it works, VR remains useless in mainstream.

I'm waiting for MaDalton and his rude comments. :-)
There is plenty of stuff to do in VR that doesn't involve movement unconnected to your actual physical movement.

Fitness games like Beat Saber track you as you swing your arms, duck, move from side to side etc. I spend 5 hours a week or so in a boxing simulator 'Thrill of the Fight' where your whole body is tracked as you move around your room, punching and ducking.
I watch all my movies at home in VR now on a big screen in a simulation of a Chicago apartment. You can paint in VR, learn to play the piano etc. The possibilities are endless.

VR/AR glasses absolutely will largely replace all other computer screens (as well as TVs) within 10 - 20 years.
cordoba is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote