View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 07:47 AM  
Matyko
PsyHead

Industry Role:
Please, read this book again. This is NOT a book for kids. The movie is for kids. Michael Ende hated the movie as it has very little to do with the book. This book is Fucking Amazing, but you need to read it as an adult to get the Full Phucking Blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseQuinn View Post
I did, about a zillion years ago when I was a kid. I never read it again and I read my books hard. with my favs I read them til pages start falling out and with many I'm on my 2nd or 3rd or 4th copy

I think the neverending story is the only time I felt the film was better than the book. 99.99% of the time it's the reverse

in a fantasy tale so heavily reliant on imagery to convey the point (basically a case study in dealing with depression and embracement of those unlike ourselves) they knocked it out of the park in the film. the book felt pedantic in comparison

incidentally the film is available for free on yt, as it should be

and everyone needs a Falkor

PS if you like reading check out Fight Night by Miriam Toews. SO badass, cannot rec it highly enough, if you've read something newish that's awesome, reply rec's appreciated. might take the sting out of the death of cams