View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 05:12 PM  
Tube Ace
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
:stop What are your thoughts on Artificial Intelligence (AI) Art?

Being the capitalist that I am. I became extremely interested in AI art after seeing the Lensa App make $10M within its first week of release.

The app instructs its users to upload 10-20 photos and the app will generate new avatars for $9.95

I think it's the new tattoo. The best way mundane people can attempt to appear interesting. So obviously, it will be a big hit.

https://www.businessofapps.com/data/...ai-statistics/

- Lensa AI has made $16.2 million revenue in 2022 so far, with $8 million happening in December 2022

- Lensa AI had 1.1 million users at the start of December 2022

- The app has been downloaded over 25 million times

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...d/10857825002/

The most interesting thing about that story is (besides the built-in network effect by people sharing their new AI avatars on social media), Lensa did not develop the AI models which its app uses to generate the images. They use Stable Diffusion, an open source AI text-to-image diffusion model capable of generating photo-realistic images given any text input. They will end up making hundreds of millions of millions of dollars from a simple app which is basically a photo upload form.

I've been watching AI art videos exclusively during my breaks of coding the Post Saint WordPress plugin, which serves as a bridge from AI model APIs to WordPress.

So now there are lawsuits coming in from Getty Images and others against Stable Diffusion claiming the tech is stealing from artists.

What do you guys think? Is it stealing? Is AI art a fad? Is it dumb? Is it fascinating? Is it the most interesting tech revolution since digital art itself came into existence or camera phones became omnipresent? Is it here to stay as it will obviously only get better?

AI Art is the new "tube".
Tube Ace is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote