View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 01:25 AM  
JesseQuinn
feeding the wolves

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott View Post
That's got to be the biggest header area I've ever seen on a website. If it were my site I would want my visitors to be attracted to the content of the site more than a header
I agree. when I clicked on the site link the header filled up the entire screen, I had to scroll down before I saw any of the site content

regarding the content of the link/site modules, maybe consider adding the flavicon for each site beside the name? the text-alone lists aren't all that compelling to view and the loud background image further detracts from focus on the content. not saying there shouldn't a background image, just that it shouldn't be the most eye-catching thing on the home page

in terms of the background image itself, this is a purely personal aesthetic thing for me but I don't like it. I find it loud and kinda ugly, esp towards the bottom of the page. not suggesting it should be all boring white, but a more tasteful background image might make the home page feel a bit more polished

in terms of the reviews, holy eye-fatigue batman. you've got a lot of text for each review, which I would think is a good thing, both in providing information/description as well as for SEO. but the text written in lines from one side of the page to the other is a lot to keep straight. maybe play around with adding a sort of right-side sidebar-style section (as in, 2/3's text, 1/3 sidebar) where you could place site images/promo ads, to break up the walls of text a bit

either way, it takes balls to put your project out there for critique so props for that. good luck on your venture
JesseQuinn is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote