View Single Post
Old 02-11-2023, 11:18 PM  
JesseQuinn
feeding the wolves

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MuchMark View Post
Some of the things it would do included these:

- It would mostly just listen. The user would talk about her problems while the VG listened, nodded, talked back once in a while.
- The Virtual girl would sometimes "text' the woman. "Hi! Hows it going? Haven't seen you in a while, lets make plans for tonight".
- The Virtual girl would sometimes make her own "plans", then tell the user about her night before.
I def do get it. there are a lot of lonely, isolated people out there. particularly for the introverts, think for the extroverts it's easier cuz we get high on contact with others and being out in the world

I find it sad but for those for whom it works? who am I to judge? just cuz I can't fully understand something doesn't make it a bad thing

I haven't left JA in a few years but from what I read/see it's like no one actually talks to each other anymore. now it's cautious silence, terse exchanges or yelling? from what I gather that seems to be the case. prob doesn't help that they're apparently always on their phones

without that foundation of human IRL communication nothing can grow. I can't fathom how someone could build meaningful relationships, sexual or not, without that integral element

maybe I've watched too much Black Mirror but it could be possible this stuff develops sentience (if it hasn't already, according to that google dude)

but if not, people are getting validation from a program, choosing to spend their time with a machine instead of real people. again, I know that's not easy/possible for many, but for the rest? why? I guess because it's easier, but half the fun of talking to peeps is exchanging ideas, each party having their own points of view. I learn so much from peeps that way

so yeah, I do see the utility of AI for some. I just think it's a shame for the rest...the natural world we inhabit being engineered to constantly shift toward removing us from being a part of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MuchMark View Post
Mind, blown.
for real, pun intended
JesseQuinn is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote